Thursday, November 05, 2009

Quotes & Comments

Some days ago I received at work one of those work diaries for free.
In the beginning I didn´t pay any attention to it but then I realised that it has some quotes on it.
So I will write them here and then I´ll add a short, very personal comment on it.
Let´s see how it goes:


"A verbal contract isn´t worth the paper it´s written on"
Samuel Goldwyn
(nice try - no).


"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by"
Douglas Adams
(he knows how the world works)


"The man who has no imagination has no wings"
Muhammad Ali
(please keep boxing but for God´s sake - shut up)


"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple"
Oscar Wilde
(oh yeah, the master!)


"Nothing is as frustrating as arguing with someone who knows what he´s talking about"
Sam Ewig
(a top one, indeed)


"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind"
Rudyard Kipling
(yep, history is full of examples)


"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out"
Walter Winchell
(or as my friend says: you see how good the saucepan is when you put it on the fire)


"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep".
Scott Adams
(no comment - as I am not sure if it is a great line or just crap!)


"Those that are most slow in making a promise are the most faithful in the performance of it".
Jean Jacques Rousseau
(hats off!)


"If I have a thousand ideas and only one turns out to be good, I am satisfied"
Alfred Nobel
(clearly he was better inventing dynamite than crafting quotes)


"I´d rather regret the things I have done than the things that I haven´t"
Lucille Ball
(mmmm, not sure if I agree)


"Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadow"
Helen Keller
(how was that song by the Monthy Pytons?)


"The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn"
David Russell
(the hardest thing is to describe life in one sentence... and he did it!)


"No matter how good you get you can always get better and that´s the exciting part"
Tiger Woods
(please keep golfing but for God´s sake - shut up)





3 comments:

Chris O said...

Some great quotes there! One of my favourites is from WC Fields. He once said: "Start every day with a smile... and get it over with." :)

Anonymous said...

Pianista is reading this again. This is a good entry. Sounds just like you - I can even hear the accent :-)

Thinking ON you xxxxxx

Nice Continental said...

I am so happy having you back Pianista! You don´t reply my Skype messages so let´s hope we see you around here. And yes, I agree, I should start posting more personal entries instead of just the nice article from the press. Great to "see" you, I missed you!